Friday, January 12, 2007

moving on to happy thoughts

I really don't have too much to say today because I did nothing after work yesterday but lay on the couch and moan and complain about how awful I felt. Then I spent all night waking Larry up with my coughing, which I felt really bad about since he has overnight call tonight, but he insisted on sleeping in the same room because he wanted to be there with me in case I needed anything. Poor guy, he wanted to help so much, but there was really nothing that either of us could do about it.

I'm feeling much better today and I've been on task all morning but my mind is beginning to wander as we get closer to the weekend. I have a few random things that that made me smile this week that I've been wanting to share. The first is this purse.

It may be my new favorite thing that I own. My friend Krissy made it for me for Christmas, and I've only used it a few times because I feel like I have to save it for special occasions because I don't want anything to happen to it. The inside is lined with soft, brown corduroy. I love having some super-creative friends and can't wait until I have more time to work on projects like this with Krissy. I heard a rumor that she will be selling bags like these soon so if you want one, now is the time to let her know.

Next is more cute baby bedding. I think I'm going to stick with the polka dot bedding from the Gap, but this bedding from Target is pretty cute too. You can't tell very well from the photo, but it's light blue and brown, not light blue and dark blue.

And third, these silver fortune cookies:


They're from Pottery Barn and they're meant to be place card holders, but they hinge open and you can leave notes in them or write your own fortunes. I think they are so cute and they would be fun to use to leave little notes around the house or in sack lunches. Mind you I can't afford the Pottery Barn Outlet let alone Pottery Barn, so I'm watching for them to go on sale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the fortune cookies! i'm glad you're sticking with the gap bedding, cause i love it! AND i'm glad you posted because i was worrying about you! maybe i'll see you at bookclub next week!