Monday, January 14, 2008

Growing up

My mom just reminded me that I haven't posted since last Thursday, and she says she needs her Creed fix. I'm sorry to report that sickness visited our family last week and resulted in lots of nastiness, which resulted in some lovely moments, like last Sunday when I was sitting with the rest of the Relief Society presidency at the front of the room and Creed threw-up massive amounts and we were both soaked and the lesson was interrupted so people could run for towels and Creed and I slinked out and he had to make the drive home in just his diaper. Oh, and Saturday night when he had to sit pants-less through dinner at a restaurant with friends and family after an unexpected diaper explosion. Then there was this Sunday, when I was again at church on my own with Creed and he had another diaper explosion (should have seen that coming but he'd seemed fine in between) that coated every bit of clothing that he had on and once again we had to leave church early so he could again make the drive home in his diaper. Oh yes, it's been great!

We actually did manage to have some fun. Jess and I discovered the Chocolate Cafe in Upper Arlington.

Kirk and Eva made us some amazing pizza.

I chopped all my hair off and went home to then wonder what I was thinking. Good thing my friend Ruth does wonders. And Creed has grown in leaps and bounds this week. First, amid throwing up on Tuesday, he got his first tooth. And just to prove how grown up he is, he decided to rock on the rocking elephant in his room all on his own.
Then he decided to move on to bigger and better things so he stole my keys.

And went for a ride!
And did I mention that he's already kissing girls?
(sorry for being in the way of this clip. I didn't know Elle was filming.)

12 comments:

Noelle said...

I love your hair Steph! Very chic. :) Sorry about all of Creed's "explosions and expulsions" this week. He definitely is looking older...

Cassie L. said...

love love love the hair!

Reba said...

I love your hair! (I was going to say it was chic, too, Noelle)

Hope everyone's feeling better. Creed looks so good in blue.

lisa h. said...

great haircut!!

sorry about all the messes at church...

i've been wanting to go to that Choc Cafe also.

Dehner Family said...

I know you've heard this a few times already, but it doesn't hurt to hear it again... CUTE haircut! I love it! I also love that chocolate cafe! I tried their white hot chocolate - very yummy!

Melissa said...

Stephanie,

I have run across your blog from others, so cute! I was thinking you need to enter Creed into the Regis and Kelly beautiful baby contest.. he is so photogenic!

here is the link:
http://www.parenting.com/parenting/baby/article/0,19840,1700941,00.html

You guys sound like you are doing great. How is the guitar coming along (ha ha)... You guys have a lovely family and Creed is adorable!

Kim said...

Yeah, I got my Creed fix. The video is so funny and your hair makes you look like a movie star. I love seeing all the pictures. Thanks!

Molly Malia said...

i love the hair! i try and try to grow mine out but i can never make it past the shoulders. i love short hair though...

Dani said...

I just wanted to say that I love you and I miss you. :) I love reading your blog because you do such a good job of capturing your personalities. I miss you guys.

Missy said...

That hat is so stinkin' cute!
And, your haircut is great!
missy

TX Girl said...

Your hair looks fantastic.

Sorry to hear about all of your sickness. Hope y'all have recovered.

Kelly L said...

Okay, so the consensus is that we all love your hair! But, I figured that it couldn't hurt to hear it one more time, right? By the way, Creed is so cute; hope to see him in person one day!