Friday, April 18, 2008

boys and their toys

I haven't been shopping lately because I cannot get Creed to sit properly in a cart. It's been nice to save some money, but at some point there are some purchases I have to make to support Creed's goldfish habit, etc. Finally the other day, we came to a happy compromise as Creed sat through a round of Target perfectly content like this.That evening we met Larry at the hospital garage for dinner since Larry was on overnight call and I wanted Creed to have a chance to see him (the hospital built a little food court in the garage so it's not as shady as it sounds)Is Creed already preparing for the future?With all of the nice weather, we've been spending a lot of time at the park. Creed usually ends up taking along a favorite toy, like this spatula that he carried all over the playground (on the swings, on the slide, . . . ) Inevitably, he ends up ignoring the playground and checking out all the bikes left circling the playground while kids play. He pats their seats, runs his fingers through the streamers on their handles, spins their wheels, and tries to climb on or push them around. How do you explain to a one year old that the bikes are not part of the playground equipment, they belong to other kids and he cannot play with them? It's becoming quite a problem.
Which is what prompted me to order this, and oh does he love it!

It's just his size and it doesn't have petals for him to get caught up on. He hasn't quite figured out scooting, he walks with it between his legs, but he loves to push it around and honk the horn.

7 comments:

Marissa Joy said...

Terribly cute! He looks so grown up Steph! I love that he carried around a spatula, what a funny boy. love you

Adrian said...

Those are adorable pictures. That little bike is so cute. Where did you get that?

Mandy said...

I love these pics! It would be fun to keep a collection of photos of Creed on his bikes and how they change as he gets older. That would be a great collage one day!!:)

lisa h. said...

i think that is the cutest bike and spikey blond i've seen!

Brian Adair Fam said...

I LOVE that little bike! Where did you order it from? Creed is such a cute little boy!! I can't believe how big he is. I love reading about all of the things he likes to do because Austin does the same things. This is such a fun age, isn't it? I love all of the pictures, also! How's everything going with getting ready to move?

Stephanie Ford said...

I ordered the bike online from Target. It was a little expensive ($50) but we used money his grandpa sent him for his birthday to buy it. It was one of the very few that I could find that would comfortably fit a one year old, and I loved that it wasn't a big plastic mess.

You can find it here:
http://www.target.com/Battat-Parents-Hog-Wild-Bicycle/dp/B000AVCP16/sr=1-3/qid=1208626933/ref=sr_1_3/602-4284660-0340623?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aparents&page=1

Cassie L. said...

I love that Creed sits like that!! That is exactly what Anthony does and my girls never did, so I thought it was so funny!! What a cutie!