Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Delivering

As you know I've been feeling a bit blue so last week (when I should have been packing) Creed and I found a little time to go delivering. Basically, when I find a good bargain on something fun I stock up on it and save it for a day when I need to be cheered up and then I go delivering. I just pick random friends and drive around dropping things off. Even if you don't have something stashed away to deliver, you can just stop and pick something up, some bright peonies or gerber daisies or whatever is in season, pints of ice cream on a hot day, your favorite doughnuts, anything!

Maybe I'm weird, but sometimes I feel like I need a reason to stop to visit friends and this is always the perfect excuse (which makes me realize how solitary I am in my day to day life; I do almost everything by myself, why don't I call and invite friends when I'm taking Creed to the park or heading out to look at a cute shop? I need to be better about that after the move).

Anyway, if you're bored this week, you should give it a try!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

The problem with this is when people actually get upset because they can't (or don't want to/bother) to do the same for you. Giving people things brings happiness to the giver, period. The flowers are a great idea though. Brilliant I dare say :)

KIC said...

You are so nice & thoughtful! I hope everything goes smoothly with your upcoming move.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Brightened my day--and I LOVE anything rootbeer!

Stefanie Elyse said...

um, you're cute. I'm sad for Heather and Noelle that you're moving away, but hey, Utah is great too :) Thanks to you I have a letterboxing date in Seattle come August!!! Does it freak you out that I read your blog sometimes?

Mom said...

Delivering....that's were I got the idea for my Father's Day coffeecakes...waking up our friends and Fathers on Sunday with coffee cake (or in your case, cowboy cake) fresh from the oven. Who doesn't like to wake up to warm carbs laced liberally with butter and sugar? Just one more of the many ways that you have influenced us for the better....

Stephanie said...

What a GREAT idea! I'm going to do this very soon. Thanks for the suggestion!