Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Cabin Fever

We headed out this weekend stay in the Randall's little cabin in the woods.Larry especially enjoyed these signs along the drive out there before we got to the dirt roads.We left after Larry got off of work on Saturday and it really was the perfect break that we needed. Melinda brought brownies for one more birthday celebration.It was fun to see how similar Creed and Sara are. Sara showed him how to enjoy the new swings Jason installed.And Creed followed her example and grinned while swinging for the first time ever!And after dinner the kids piled up the foam pads and created their own slide.And Laura and I built "the biggest block tower in the whole world!" I had so much fun playing and laughing with this sweet little girl. She told me that her secret birthday wish is that Creed and I could come to Disneyland with them to celebrate her birthday. Creed was so excited to be at the cabin that he decided not to sleep at all that night so our plans to drive down in the morning to make it to church were aborted. Instead we got to have a big breakfast, nap, and wade in the river nearby.
Creed loved throwing rocks in the water.And I think it's official that Larry is secure in his friendship with the Randall's because he sported his gnome pajamas.
And Crocs with socks. Wow!
I wonder why he was running away in both of these pictures. You'd think he didn't want to be memorialized for all to see in his fine glory!

9 comments:

Mom said...

Stephanie -
You are so busy you make me dizzy! I am happy to see how well settled you are - the big smiles on all of your faces. Wish we could join in all of your adventures - we will have to manage one next summer - love, Mom Cat

Anonymous said...

I am embarassed about the Crocs - we were walking to the river and I had never worn them before, so I needed socks.

But the pajamas - I am not embarassed, rather - I am proud of them! They are some good lookin' pajamas!!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Great getaway. Love and miss Larry's personality!! Awesome Pj's--I'd show them off too if I had some!

Scott said...

Glad to hear Larry you were embarrassed by the crocs. That is just like socks with sandals. Did Ohio do that to you?

Melinda said...

YAY! We had so much fun too. And, in case you were wondering, it was Laura's "Starlight Star Bright" wish tonight too that you would come with us!

Star Gazer said...

I'm so glad I found your blog!!! Yay! :) Your family is so beautiful and Creed is so grown up! :) How are you doing? I hope that things are going really well for you.

Anonymous said...

GNOME SIGHTING!!! ...excellent... I miss you guys. You will always have a place next to me at the vegas diner.

KIC said...

You are so fun and have such a great sense of humor!
FYI...my friend, Mare, works at Red Butte Gardens and she was telling me about their annual Halloween festival called "Garden After Dark." This year they are having a storybook theme (last year was Harry Potter). I thought you might be interested!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great getaway. Good for you for stealing the time when you can! One of the many things we love about the three of you.