Saturday, January 03, 2009

A Tip for Christmas with little ones

So last year when we spent Christmas with the Erney Family, I learned some really helpful things about wrapping presents for toddlers and maybe you'll find them helpful too.  Cat and Ken always open toys before they wrap them for children and cut all the tape and remove all those horrible ties and install any necessary batteries.  Then they slip the top back into the box and wrap it up.  That way when your child opens in on Christmas morning and is excited to play, the toy is easy to open and ready to go.  So simple and yet I had not thought of it on my own.

It made Christmas morning much easier with Creed.

The Erneys also wrap presents for babies in tissue paper so they can poke at it and tear it open themselves.  Genius, I tell you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed brilliant. I miss those Erneys...

I am Laura said...

Thanks for the tip. I made a resolution at Christmas that from now on Santa will bring a pack of each kind of battery for us. Ben had to run out at midnight Christmas Eve and nothing was really open (he went to two closed stores before going to Walgreens.)

I will remember this one too.

Anonymous said...

...those Erneys miss you.too.....